Been very busy on the consulting front lately... apologies for the lack of content. But I promised Nicolo I would post this job for him, so here goes:
At this year's GDC, I met Michael Ivvora and Nicolo Laurent from GOA, the videogame subsidiary of France Telecom/Orange. Besides handling the European side of US online games – launch, localization, QA, support etc – for games like Warhammer Online and Dark Age of Camelot, Orange also runs a free to play portal at goa.com. They've recently launched localized free to play games in Europe like Gunbound and Pangya, and they've got plans to expand their game selection.
Right now they're looking for an Operational Manager for their free to play business, which is based out of Dublin, Ireland. This is a lead managerial position, which means leading the vision for their free to play business, managing project managers and organizing work flow between game teams. It also means working closely with the marketing team to develop strategies for customer acquisition, conversion, retention and monetization, along with managing the alignment of development and marketing goals.
If this sounds like your dream job, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full job description after the jump.
TYPE OF CONTRACT
Permanent role – To start as soon as possible.
Working within GOA, the games department of France Telecom (Content Division), the operational Manager is in charge of the day to day operations for the Free to Play online business.
FIELDS OF ACTIVITY
Free to play online games (from casual to hardcore)
- Lead, determine and maintain the vision and direction of our free to play business
- Manage project managers associated to free to play games. Review, comment and approve milestone submissions
- Organize workflows between game teams and shared resources and facilitate frequent dialogs between teams
- Establish a creative and productive environment through effective team coaching
In addition, you will work closely with the marketing team in order to:
- Develop strategy for customer acquisition, conversion, retention and monetization
- Manage the alignment of development goals with marketing objectives, and the alignment of product goals with strategic development objectives
- Achieve sales goals through quality execution and by meeting market requirements.
- Analyze trends and research new business opportunities with the business development team
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience
- Significant experience in the online game industry, understanding of the free to play universe
- Must have successfully developed and managed people, resources and schedules with a world renowned software entertainment company.
- College degree or equivalent preferred
- Professional or advanced degree is a bonus.
- Strong ability to lead, manage and drive projects
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Data driven personality
- Strong understanding of marketing strategies and online business models
- Enthusiastic, positive, team oriented, and organized
- Excellent written, oral and email communication skills, ability communicate effectively with different audiences on a broad range of topics and cultures, e.g. technical, business and creative
- Strong organizational, analytical, and presentation skills;
- Passion for online games.
- Fluent English
- Ability to travel to our different offices (Dublin and Paris) and to our partner’s offices (Worldwide)
- Good computer skills and knowledge of MS Office suite of products. Basic understanding of online game technical structure is a plus.
- Strong network of contacts within the game industry would be a plus
If you meet the requirements and want to be part of the rapidly growing European Free-To-Play online gaming market, please send an email with resume attached to nicolo (email@example.com)