We're going to Texas!
As summer comes to a close, conference season is whirring up to speed for fall. FreeToPlay.biz is happy to announce we will be covering Austin GDC and the Worlds in Motion Summit from September 15 – 17.
Our coverage will include postings on the sessions themselves as well as text and video interviews with leaders in the free-to-play sector. Over the next couple of weeks expect to see interviews with (but not limited to) the following people:
- Leigh Alexander - News Director, Gamasutra
- Min Kim - Director of Game Operations, Nexon
- Mike Zummo - Lead Designer, Acclaim
- Nabeel Hyatt - CEO, Conduit
- Chris Anderson - Editor in Chief, Wired
- Jeremy Liew - Managing Director, Lightspeed Venture Partners
- Gene Endrody - CEO, Maid Marian
- Thomas Bidaux - VP of Strategy, Avaloop
- Alex Garden - CEO, Nexon Publishing North America
If anybody has any specific questions for anyone on this list, let us know and we’ll be sure to bring it up.
For those of you headed to Austin as well, drop us a line if you'd like to connect for coffee or have a killer party we should attend.
FreeToPlay.biz is looking for an insightful industry commentator to join our team. FreeToPlay.biz covers social games, online games and virtual worlds for industry insiders. For more info on who we are, see the "Who is" section of this site.
Our selected writer will be capable of creating news with analysis, crafting fact-supported feature articles and conducting insightful interviews. The job can be done from your laptop anywhere in the world, but some paid travel (i.e. to cover conferences) may be involved.
- Please provide only one submission. Must be online game or core game business related, not a game review.
- If you don't have a submission directly related to the topic, submit your best piece of critical analysis and explain your background/knowledge of the online gaming or core game business.
- Must have passion for business side of the game industry, be professional and articulate and available to post with consistency and meet editorial deadlines.
- Regular online writing rates apply, with performance bonuses.
Express your interest by sending the aforementioned materials to:
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.